These are the questions I get asked most frequently:
- Can I rent or borrow latex clothing from you?
No, you can not. My collection of latex clothing has come together over a period of more than 20 years. It has been a major investment and an important part of my photography. I will not borrow or rent it out.
- Can I rent your studio?
My studio is part of my private home and therefore I can not rent it out.
- Can I rent or borrow your studio and/or camera equipment?
No, absolutely not.
- Do you travel for shoots?
If I can fit it in to my schedule, I’m am happy to travel for a photo shoot. We would have to agree on a time and date, and some other practical stuff of course but if you have a proposal feel free to ask. It goes without saying that my standard terms & conditions would apply.
- Do you do workshops?
I don’t do workshops at this time.
- I am getting married soon. Will you come shoot my wedding?
Well, 1st off, congrats on your upcoming wedding. But unfortunately I will have to decline your request to be your wedding photographer. I don’t do paid assignments and that includes weddings, bridal parties, baby showers, communions, etc. I will be happy to refer you to a couple of my friends who specialize in these types of photo assignments.
- My friend has a startup business [insert name here] and he/she needs pics for his/her website. Will you do a shoot for him/her? You will get credits for the photos and you can have your logo on the website.
I really don’t do commercial assignments. And this clearly a commercial assignment. I’m sorry but you will have to look for another photographer. I have a few recommendations if needed.
- We did a shoot together a while back. A friend wants to use the pictures to promote a product in his/her web shop or store. Would that be ok?
As we agreed to a non-commercial TfP-shoot, I can not agree to that. I’m sorry.
- Can I bring someone to escort me on my photo shoot?
Yes, you can! If it will make you feel more comfortable, feel free to bring someone along. If you are not of legal age (18 year old in Belgium), I even insist that you bring someone along because there will be no shoot if you are not escorted by a parent or legal guardian. I prefer you bring a female friend, your sister or your mom. It is my experience that having a male escort on set is distracting. Especially boyfriends can be a big distraction.
- You have only photos of females in your portfolio. Do you work with males too?
I prefer to work with female models. At this time, I don’t work with male models. That includes duo shoots with male models, boyfriends and/or husbands.